Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart

Kyle posted the following on his facebook page on Saturday morning.
Yesterday at this time I was getting ready to run my first steer at Puyallup, excited to run at the big money and make the NFR. Today I'm driving home with a torn bicep, just thankful I didn't tear my pec. Guess this wasn't my year after all. As the song says, " Keep on dreamin' even if it breaks your heart"


This has been such a crazy year & myself I am still trying to process this.  I heard Keep on Dreaming on my way to work this morning & teared up while listening to it thinking of Kyle & his disapointment of how the 2012 rodeo season has ended up.  I have a range of emotions.  I am  proud of Kyle & all he has accomplished this year & the years prior.   To get so close to his life long goal of making the NFR & then to get injured the last 3 weeks of the season is so heart breaking.  On one hand, I am  thankful that his injury is something that will heal with time & at this point, no surgery is necessary.  On the other hand, it is hard to try to find the reason in why this had to happen now of all times.  I realize the sport of rodeo has its risks & I guess I have taken for granted how lucky we have been to avoid injuries in the past.  Truth be told, every time Kyle climbed on the back of a bronc this year,  I would say a little extra prayer for him to not get hurt with were he was in the world standing in the steer wrestling.  I guess this is a lesson for me that no amount of worrying will stop something from happening no more than it can make it happen. 


In all my thoughts & disappointment for Kyle, I do know God is good & he works in mysterious ways.  For one reason or another it looks like Kyle is not meant to make the Finals this year.  I wish I knew why, but at this point it is not for us to know.  We have to trust & God willing Kyle will make it when it his time to do so. 


Kyle keeps telling me he is going to slow down & not hit the rodeo trail so hard in the near future.  When that day comes I will be thrilled to have him home more.  Until he is ready to make that transition I fully support him pursuing his dream.  I figured if I could make though this year while Whitney was a baby, the future years should be a breeze! :-)


We have so much to be thankful for & I am blessed for all the good things I have in my life.  I do not have to look far to see others & their struggles.  I am so blessed for my 3 healthy children & that I have a roof over my head.  I have a job I love (most of the time :-)  & I am married to an amazing man.  These are the things I am trying to focus on & it is a good reminder how we can plan for something & work hard, but many things in this world our not in our control. 
 Out of difficulties grow miracles.  1 Peter 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment