Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election day is here!!!

Election day is here!!!
I am super excited to go home tonight & snuggle up with my little family to watch the elections results. I realize that may make me seem like a nerd, but I don't care :-)  I am really optimistic that Romney is going to pull out a win!  I guess time will tell, but I am fearful of what our country will look like in another 4 years if Obama would happen to get re-elected.  I do not expect everyone who is reading my blog to agree with me & my political views, but that is part of the beauty of being an American!  I can have my views & you can have yours!!   Three of the many issues that concern me with Obama are the following:
 The National Security & the Military--- After the attack on our Embassy in Libya it is obvious that Obama & his administration are involved in a major cover up.  The idea that no one left behind is not applicable under Obama as Commander in Chief.  The fact that he could watch our men die without sending in backup is chilling to me.   In addition while other countries are building up their number of of nuclear weapons the US is decreasing ours.  How does that even make sense????
Our spending ---- I will agree that Obama inherited a massive amount of debt, but the decisions he made in his  4 years have been the complete opposite of what he promised when he ran for President.   Some of his supporters say he needs more time to fix what was handed to him.  I think 4 years time is enough to at least move in the right direction instead of adding trillions of dollars to the problem. 

Obamacare----Obama was full of so many empty promises when he ran in 2008.  Being in the insurance industry, I feel that his Obamacare  has been a total flop on what he said he was going to do to change health care.  We are all paying much higher health insurance premiums than we were 4 years ago & he PROMISED to lower them!  He took the choices out of American’s hand in being able to pick & choose what options they wanted on their health insurance & made the choices what he thought all Americans should have with that making everyone’s premium to up!  He did not do anything to address the actual cost of medical bills.  It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the way to decrease health insurance is first to decrease some of the costs of the actual services.  I had a baby in 2007 & 2011.  My actual hospital bills were more then 1/3 more in 2011 than 2007. 


I could go on & on & on & I could have went into much more detail on each of these 3 issues, but for time sake you are just getting the sort version on my concerns.

Whatever your political views are I sure hope you make the effort to vote.  Men & women have died so that we have the right to vote.  Many put their lives on the line everyday protecting our freedom & our rights including our right to vote.


GO OBAMA!!!!!  Go, get the heck out of the White House J

No comments:

Post a Comment