Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend


Here I am a week late with getting my blog updated.  I think I am still recovering from last weekend!  I get tired just thinking about all we did over the long Thanksgiving weekend!  I started out by working on Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Our office was closed on Thursday & Friday so I worked Wednesday to try to get caught up a bit at work. 

Thursday we headed out for Dunning to celebrate Thanksgiving at the Zutervern Ranch with the Whitaker side of the family.   We had a great time visiting & eating :-)  The annual cousin football game was played.  Whitney hit her 3:00 nap time & got a little fussy so we went home a little earlier than usual.  Jenae & Aubree were eager to get the tree set up that night.  I did not plan to get much more done than just putting up the tree.  Well the girls had other ideas & drug out EVERYTHING!!!  It was either decorate or live in a mess, so I chose to make a big night of it & get most of the decorations up.  I did hold off on putting my garlands & greenery up, but pretty much everything else I got done.

Friday we made our way to Broken Bow to watch the Huskers game at the theater in Broken Bow.  A friend of Kyle's rented the theater & played the Husker game in one of the rooms & played 2 kids movies in a another theater room.  It was a really fun way to watch the game & Aubree loved the kids movies.  Jenae kind of floated between the two rooms.  You could tell she really wanted to watch the kids movies, but felt like she was to big for that.  Thanks to Marilyn & Hope they kept Whitney so that we could have a relaxing day.  We stopped at Dry Creek Western Wear in Burwell on our way home to start some Christmas shopping. 

Saturday Marilyn hosted her side of the family for Thanksgiving.  Again we had a great time visiting & eating!  When Whitney hit her nap time I took her home.   She got a much needed  2 hour nap in before we went back over to Marilyn's.  I thought about napping myself, but decided to get caught up on some house work.  We stayed for supper & stuffed ourselves a little bit more.

Sunday was a church potluck.  Jenae was not feeling very good, I think she was wore out from our big weekend.  She had a nasty cough & just felt like she needed to rest.  I took Jenae & Whitney home & left Kyle & Bree there to eat.  The rest of the day was spent working around the house & getting caught up with things.

It was a busy 4 days! 
Jenae helping me with a jewelry  party.  She thought she was big stuff getting to be my helper for the day.  I enjoyed having her with me.

Whitney & Harper tring to "play" together.  They are 6 months apart in age & they really wanted the toy the other on happened to be playing with at the moment :-)  Here Whitney was trying to convince Harper that she needed the toy.



Out gathering pine cones at Aunt Amy's House.

The annual cousin football game.  A good time was had by all who played!

Thanksgiving night the girls were ready to dig in & start decorating for Christmas!

Whitney & Aubree playing with the Nativity Set.

Aubree, Kyle & Jenae waiting for the Husker game to start. 

Watching the game on the movie theater screen.  It was a really fun way to watch the game!

Jenae & Marilyn's Brother, Greg.  She thought he was great!

Aubree & Sandy.  Aubree enjoys anytime she gets to spend with Aunt Sandy.

Hope with one tired little Trey.  He had all the celebration a 3 year old could handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment