Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ranching

I took a bit of a break after the election to pout, but I guess it is time to go back to blogging.  I will probably be posting my feeling about the election sometime, but I am going to try to keep this post positive :-) 

The last week & a half the Whitakers have been busy moving & working cattle. All 3 of my girls are happiest outside, so it has been nice that the weather has been fairly good for mid-November.

Last weekend Jenae got to have a classmate spend the night.  Kylynn is also the oldest in her family So she & Jenae have a lot in common.  She is a sweet little girl & she was fun to have over.  We had the Blackmore boys over for a little bit on Saturday, for a short period of time I had a chance to see what it was like to have 6 kids!  It was fun to have them over, they are such sweeties!

We went to church on Sunday then spent the afternoon doing some projects around the house.  My mom & Aunts were all spending the night at my cousin Heather's house.  When we got supper over with &  got the girls ready for bed, I slipped over there for a few hours.  It was nice to see them all & we had fun playing some games.  They all went shopping on Monday & it sounds like they all had a great time.

Wednesday I took Whitney to the doctor for her belated 1 year checkup.  She was not a fan of Dr. Winkelbauer or his nurses!  He said her lungs were in great shape! (he could tell by all her screaming & crying during her appointment!). She was 19.4 lbs 27 inches tall.  The poor little pumpkin has to have 2 shots & her finger poked.  It is no wonder she does not like the doctor office!

We have a busy fun filled weekend ahead....let the craziness of the Holiday Season begin!
Kyle, Trey & Aubree helping block the road for Chip moving cattle.

I love this picture of Aubree & Trey peaking out around the pickup waiting for the cows to come down the road.  I took these pictures a week ago Wednesday & it was before Kyle started to ride again. 

Miss Whitney having a lots of fun "helping" on the cattle drive.

Aubree & Jenae's friend, Kylynn.  Jenae got to have her friend Kylynn spend the night last weekend.  She went with me, Aubree & Whitney in the pickup following the riders.  We took a long hot chocolate & fresh baked cookies.  I think Aubree drank her body weight in hot chocolate :-).  I think the riders were happy to have something warm to put in there body's after a 4 mile ride.

Chip riding in front of the cattle.

Kyle & Jenae riding drag.  This was Kyle's first time on horseback since his surgery.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous watching him ride.  As long as he says on the horse all is fine, it is just if he comes down off when he is not planning to & lands on his arm that we could have some trouble.

Kyle, Jenae & Chip moving the cattle down the road.  I love pictures of our family moving cattle. :-)

I am so proud of how well Jenae does moving cattle.  She knows just were to be to help out.  Kyle & Chip had made their way to the front of the herd to keep them from going where they were not supposed to.  Jenae was in the back of the herd by herself.  One of the cows ducked off into this meadow & Jenae went right after her with the help of Buster & got her brought back.

It was Aubree's turn to help out when they moved the heifers home to preg check.  She was happy to be on Hippie.

Kyle, Chip & Aubree riding off to round up cattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment