Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

7 lessons I learned this week

1.)As little as 3 inches of snow in Wyoming is enough to shut the interstate down with the way the wind blows there.

2.) Always pack food/drinks when taking a road trip.

3.) There are really nice people in the world who are willing to help you out even when they do not know you.

4.) I love Nebraska! Mountains are pretty but I have no desire to live near them. I will take the flat lands of Nebraska any day.

5.) My girls did just fine with out me. I was so worried about not taking the girls with me that I had a hard time leaving. If I had known how little they were going to miss me it would have been a lot easier to leave.

6.) Quality time with my husband is very important. I think I am going to make a priority to take at least one weekend a year and go with Kyle with out the girls. It was nice to travel and not have the added stress of traveling with kids.

7.) The biggest lesson I learned on my trip is that above all God is in control of our lives. We have choices to make along the way, but ultimately what happens in our lives is in God's hands. I said so many prayers that night we were stranded at the interstate. I was making myself sick thinking of our situation and I finally had to put all my worries to rest when I told God I was going to hand my problems off to him. I trusted that he would take care of us and when it was his will the we would get to where we were going.

No comments:

Post a Comment