Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Rodeo

Kyle was up Saturday at noon for his 2nd steer. He was 6.0 on his first steer and he knew all he had to do was make a nice catch and he would make the semi-finals on Saturday night. He came out and was 5.0 and ended up 6th in the round and 6th in the average.

For the semi -finals he drew the one steer that he did not want. It was a much stronger steer than the other ones in the pen and he knew it. He was 6.1 which was 6th in the round. They only took the top 4 back for the finals.

That night we headed out for Logandale. We drove all night and got there about 7 in the morning. To top off our fun trip I ended up with either food poisoning or a stomach bug. Which ever it was made for a long couple of days. I started feeling sick on Friday morning and did not get any better until last night.

Yesterday Kyle took me to the airport in Vegas to fly home. He has a few more stops on the Rodeo trail before he gets to come home. I was so ready to get home and see my girls. My flight was not out until 4:55. Of course there was plane troubles and my flight was an hour late taking off. I got into Grand Island around 8:00. My parents met me with Aubree on my way home. I picked Jenae up from Chip and I took the girls home!!! It felt so good to be home!

From the sounds of it the girls had an awesome time with their grandparents! I thought it would be really hard on Aubree to be away from me for that long. (Monday-Sunday) She did not seem to miss me much at all! I asked her if she was happy to be going home to sleep in her own bed or if she wanted to go back to Grandma's house. She said she wanted to go back to Grandma's house. My sister Danielle had Aubree for a couple of days and my sister-in-law, Erin kept her for a day as well. She got a lot of cousin time in.

It sounds like Jenae had lots of fun too. She got to do a lot of riding. Hope worked with her on the barrels with Speedster and she got to help Chip with some ranch work. She spent some time at school with Marilyn. The Juniors were decorating for prom and Jenae was fascinated with all the decorations. Saturday night she spent the night at Ben and Hope's house and stayed there most of the day yesterday.


Both girls came home with a bag for of clean clothes. It was really nice of my Mother-in-Law and Mom to wash the girls clothes. It makes coming home not seem so overwhelming.

I was so happy to be home with my girls!! My trip really made me appreciate my home life! It was nice to have some time with Kyle. Even with all our little mishaps on our trip we still enjoyed being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment