Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend

We had a really nice weekend at my parents house. Besides Christmas it had been July since I had been back for a weekend. I used to try to go back one weekend a month but with all the craziness life brings it just has not happened that way. I am going to make it a bigger priority to try to make it back more often. I know that I am spoiled because I do get to see my family a lot more than a lot of people do. Even thought I get to see my family a lot there is something so relaxing about spending the weekend at my parents house. I have always had a really close relationship with my family. I think it is partially because my siblings and I are all fairly close in age and we did a lot together when we were growing up. Since we all live within a 100 mile radius it makes it easy for us to stay connected and get together often. I am very thankful for that!

I had a chance to visit all my Grandparents when I was back. It was really nice to see them. None of them are in great health and do not get out really at all. Whenever we see my Grandpa and we go to leave he always thanks us for coming and tells us how we made his day. It is such a good feeling. My Grandpa has really declined it is hard to see him that way.

Jacque and Lacey picked us up Friday evening. We had to take Kyle's calf roping horse, Comet, to my Brother so he can take him to Kyle in Guymond, OK. Kyle has been in California for the past couple of weeks and he was only steer wrestling there. Jacque and Lacey were headed to my parents as well so they came and got Comet, the girls and I. It was very nice of them to help us out in getting Comet to Dusty.

Saturday Jacque, Lacey and my Dad went out to Pitzer's horse sale. Mom and I were in charge of Riley for the day. We had Brooke and Allyx at the house for a bit while Erin got ready for Brooke's birthday party. The kids had a lot of fun playing together. That night Erin took Jenae and Aubree home with her and the girls got to have a slumber party with Brooke. I think Erin is pretty brave. I knew Jenae would be fine, but I was worried if Aubree would go to sleep for her. It sounds like they did good. The just went in and fell asleep when Erin told them it was bed time.

Sunday Erin had us all to her house for Brooke's birthday party. It was a nice time. Brooke is such a character. When she went to open her presents she started to sing "happy birthday to me, happy birthday to Brooke...."

Kyle wanted me to ride Comet before I came home. Lacey rode her new horse and I took Comet for a ride. When we were done riding we packed up and headed home.

I have 2 very tired girls after our weekend. Hopefully I can get them to bed early tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment