Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Whitaker Christmas

With all of this crazy weather yesterday did end up being a nice day to have the postponed Whitaker Christmas. We had it at my house as it was easier for Chip to clean out my driveway/yard then for Hope to her yard cleared from the 6-8 inches of snow.

This was my first time in hosting an extended family gathering. One of the things I learned is that I need to turn down my thermostat before everyone arrives. The house warms up really fast when you get a bunch of people there.

It was a smaller group than sometimes, but we still had fun. Thank you to all of you who made the effort to come. I know traveling with young kids is a challenge at times, but I thing the memories that are made we all have a chance to be together are worth it. I am learning that as time goes on it is going to be harder and harder to get together so I am thankful the weather held out and we were able to have our Christmas celebration.

It was an eventful day with Uncle Robert ending up in the hospital. Thankfully he is feeling a little better today.

Lana & Paul came and it was nice to see them as well.

This year Hope had the idea of simplifying the menu and going with different kinds of soups and salads. Chip & Kyle were not excited about the change from a 4 course turkey and dressing meal, but it really made the day much easier to prepare for and I do not think anyone went away hungry!


Jenae having people draw their number for the Whitaker Christmas gift exchange.



Mat getting help from Bryan & Caden as to what gift to pick.



Amy opening the last gift of the day. It ended the white elephant gift exchange for another year.


Reece hitting pinata that Mat & Elaine brought. The kids had a great time with it!


The kids heading off for some sledding at the creek.


Having fun playing Apples to Apples

No comments:

Post a Comment