Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Here comes the snow!!!

Well it looks like we are going to welcome the new year with a winter storm. They are calling for 8 inches of snow for southern Holt county, wind and below zero wind chills. It is looking like our busy weekend is going to turn in to a very uneventful weekend. I guess I will be able to stay up late to cheer on the Huskers in the Holiday Bowl tonight. I am not going to be working tomorrow with the storm.

The girls are keeping busy during Christmas break. Yesterday Jenae helped me with some cleaning. It is so nice that she is getting old enough to actually help with some household chores. She has been doing my vacuuming, yesterday she cleaned the bathroom and did my dishes. She did a good job with everything. I told her I would pay her a little bit if she did some things in the house and did a good job. She seems happy to help out.

Aubree has been wearing her swimsuit every day. I have managed to get it off her and in the wash a few times but she only seems to take if off if she is putting on her pj's or the 2 hours it is in the washer/dryer. She is still happily singing Christmas carols. I am not sure if we will be hearing "Away in the Manger" and "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" year round in our house or if will fade when the Christmas season tapers down.

Kyle has went up to Wakefield's several times this past week and Jenae was really excited about getting to go along and get some time in the saddle. It is so nice that my employer and her family have a nice in door arena that they can ride and practice in during the winter months.

Well it may be a good weekend to catch up on closet cleaning and organizing around the house. Maybe there will be some good movies on for the New Years weekend.

Have a very happy & safe New Years!!

Aubree in front of the tree with all her Christmas gifts.


Jenae in front of the tree with all of her Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment