Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Two Christmas in 1 day!!

Sunday we had Christmas at my Grandma Forre’s house. I think everyone in the family was able to make it except for one of my uncle’s. There had to be close to 50 people there so it was a house full. Luckily my Grandma has a big house.

Kyle got the chance to meet my Great Aunt Jeanette. She is from Oregon but recently moved back to Newman Grove to go into the assisted living. She is legally blind so she can only see right in front of her. She asked to meet Kyle and had him put his face within inches of her face so she could get a good look at him. She told me that Kyle is very handsome! (Something I already knew ;-) She put her hand on his arms and said to him “my you have big muscles”

We had our traditional Norwegian meal along with an American Christmas meal. Chip was asking me what exactly Lutefisk is and how it is cooked. I really had no idea, I just always ate it! I did a little research on google and found out this.

Lutefisk is made by soaking dried whitefish in water and lye solutions. The fish is first soaked in cold water for at least 5 days, with the water being changed daily. It's then soaked in water and lye for 2 days. It's then soaked in water again for up to 6 days, with the water being changed daily.

After dishes were all done the kids got to open their gifts from Grandma. Then it was picture time. My girls were so tired especially Aubree. It took a little bit of fun out of the day. As soon as we got some pictures of the kids with Grandma, we left to head back to Chambers so we could see some of the Phifers. I wished would could have had more time at both celebrations, but I am glad we at least had a chance to see everyone.

Jenae & Aubree were very happy to get to see Kassie and Karson.
It was a big 3 days, but a lot of fun. I took yesterday off to get things put in order at home. I got the girls presents all packed away and the house picked up. Now just to get ready for having some friends over to watch the Huskers play on Thursday, having family come for New Years Eve and then the Whitaker Family Christmas on New Years. With having to work Thursday & Friday it is going to be another busy week! I hope to get A LOT done on my day off tomorrow!!

This is only a small part of the food at my Grandma's house. This is know as the "sweets" section. My camera does not have a wide enought lens to capture the table full of dips and snack foods. This is the food that comes out after dinner is over with and before supper! We eat a lot at Grandmas!!!


My brother Dusty wearing my Grandpa's yellow sweater. (keeping with the family tradation of the yellow sweater)


My Grandma with a bunch of tired little munchkins!


My Dad with his Mom and his 4 Sisters.


Jenae & Kyle at my Grandma's house.


My girls were very interested in Raquel's I Pad.


Aubree, Trey & Jenae with Kassie & Karsen

No comments:

Post a Comment