Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Never a dull moment

It is so crazy to me that Christmas Eve is 1 week from today!! Christmas is going to be here and gone before we know it.

I woke up in the night to them smell of Skunk!!! Apparently Buster got sprayed by one last night & I do not know if the skunk sprayed the house or if it was just from spraying Buster, but it was a super strong smell. Hopefully it airs out soon!!


Other excitement is that Jenae lost another tooth on Monday night!. That is her 5th tooth she has lost. Two of the five have come back in, but she is missing 3. If they don't come back in before she loses any more it is going to get a little more difficult to eat :-)

Tuesday night Susan had our State Farm Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun. She would not tell us anything that we were going to do, it was all a surprise. All we knew was to be at the office at 5:30 with our families. She had rented a bus to drive around O'Neill to look at the Christmas lights. It was fun to see them out of the big bus windows. We went back to the office for Pizza and a few craft projects for the kids to work on. We ended the night with a visit from Santa Clause. The kids were all so excited to see Santa Clause!! It was a fun night :-)





State Farm Gals with Santa



All the State Farm Kids (& 1 Mom) with Santa


The kids showing off their sticker projects that Susan had for them.




Inside the bus Susan rented for us to ride around in & look at Christmas lights.







Wednesday I spent around the house. Kyle took Aubree to town for a little bit so I could wrap some presents. I didn't put any names on the packages, so Jenae & Aubree sat around the tree that evening trying to guess who each of the packages belonged to. It was a cool and rainy day that turned into ice. Awana was canceled due to the slick roads. Chip & Marilyn took us all out for supper at the cafe in town. They had hamburger night and they were really good. Hope, Ben & Trey came over as well so it was nice to see them. Trey is growing up so fast and turning into such a big boy. He is such a cutie pie!!

Kyle is still trying to get adjusted back to central time from his 2 weeks of being on pacific time while in Las Vegas. It has been so nice having him home this week.

Tonight is Jenae's Christmas Program at school. She is super excited for it. The first graders are elves in the program and I guess they are wearing elf hats and elf shoes. Aubree says if Jenae gets to dress up as an elf for the program then she gets to dress up as a princess for the program. I think she is thinking it is like Halloween where everyone gets to wear costumes. I tried to explain just the kids in school that are in the program will be dressed up, I am not sure if I have her convinced of that yet.

The rest of the weekend will be pretty low key. Hopefully I will be able to finish up the rest of my Chritsmas preparations!! It never fails that when I think I am done with my baking I find another recipe I want to make! I guess we will see how ambitious I am going to be as to weather I do any more baking or not. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment