Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Holt Co. Fair

What a busy week!!  Kyle was home Monday & Tuesday last week & my babysitter was off for the week.  I took Tuesday off to spend the day as a family.  Kyle & Chip roped in the morning & Jenae did her goat tying practice.  Jenae will be old enough to show horses in 4H next year & we wanted to take her in to watch some of the show.  Kyle & Chip headed out that evening. 

Wednesday my Mom brought my nephews, Tyson & Kellen out for a visit.  The kids had a great time playing & Mom entertained Whitney so I could get somethings done around the house. 

Thursday my Mom stayed home with the kids while I went to work.  She worked like a slave all day.  Not only did she manage the 5 kids but I came home to a clean house & a well groomed yard!  It was awesome!!!  I told my Dad he needs to do a better job of sharing her :-)  In addition to all the work she did while she was here, I really enjoyed her company! 

Thursday night I had it all lined up for Jenae to run an exhibition  barrel run like she always does during the Holt Co. Fair Rodeo.  Short version of a long story, even though I had it all lined up the rodeo secretary was on a power trip & did not let her run.  To say the least I was no a happy mama!  She was saddled  & sitting at the gate ready to go in while she watched the barrels get tore down in front of her.   If they did not want her run that would have been fine, but for us to have her there ready & waiting leading us to believe she would be running really upset me.  Several people come expecting to see her run.  We were not planning to take her back on Friday, but a fair board member called & said if we wanted to bring her in, he would make sure she got to.  Jenae really wanted to run so we went ahead & let her do it.  She made a great run & based on the applause, whistling & cheering I think the crowd was pleased she was there!

Saturday morning was the Taylor Jr. Rodeo.  Last year Chip took Jenae by himself so I could help Kyle drive to a rodeo.  It was Taylor where she won her first buckle.  She was sure if Chip took her by himself again that she would win a buckle again this year.  When I was taking her over to meet up with Chip that morning I said to her "be sure to tell Grandpa 'Thank You' for taking you today"  She replied in a very matter of fact way "do I tell him that before or after I win the buckle!" She didn't win a buckle this year, but I think she still had a great time with Grandpa Chip.

I took Aubree & Whitney in to the fair to walk around & see all the animals.  It was a nice cool day & both girls really seemed to enjoy looking around.


Tyson, Kellen, Aubree & me before we headed in for the rodeo on Thursday night..

Chip & Jenae warming up their horses.

Jenae & Speedster

Aubree Joy before the rodeo on Friday night.

Jenae & Speedster starting their run.

Between barrel # 1 & 2. 

1
Headed to barrel # 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment