Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wednesday

Well Aubree was supposed to start preschool yesterday, but her teacher was sick, so they are now not starting preschool until Monday.  Aubree was so sad that she did not get to start.  She said to me "but Mom, I was so looking forward to starting!"  It is hard to explain to a 4 year old why school would not be starting when she thought it would.  I planned a very busy day to keep her mind off of "having" to spend a day with me!

We started by heading out to do our chores (feeding the horses, chickens, cats & Buster) then it was kitty time!  Whitney was so happy as long as she kept a kitty in her arms.  She did pretty good, not being too rough.  Sometimes Aubree or I had to pry the kitty from her tight little grip around the kitty's neck.

We went on a walk & found some milk weed pods & I snapped a few pictures of Aubree with the flowers in the ditch.  This is my favorite of year to take pictures.  I want to try to get some pictures of all my kiddos.  Maybe that will this weekend's plan.

It was starting to warm up outside so we moved to the house for the rest of our activities.  We did some baking  & some playing. 

Jenae got home from school around 4:00.  She had fun playing with Aubree & Whitney.  We spent the evening relaxing & getting things ready for the next couple days.  I actually made it to bed by 10:00.  More than I can say for tonight!  I do not remember the last time I got to bed before 11:00.  Anyone who knows me very well knows I am not a night owl.   Being sleep deprived is probably the hardest part of having Kyle gone this summer.  The other challenge I am having while being a single parent for the summer is juggling  3 kids different bed time routines.  I really hand it to you single moms!  It is not an easy task to raise children by yourself.  I am thankful that do have Kyle at least part of the year!

I am looking forward to another low key weekend.  They are calling for good chances of rain for the weekend.  We will continue to pray that we get a good soaking rain. 


Whitney holding a baby kitty.  She loves the kitties so much!!
Aubree Joy

My little photo subject


Aubree, my soon to be preschooler!

Aubree doing her part to help me make some homemade graham crackers.  Such a happy little baker!

Aubree rolling our the dough.

Aubree helping Whitney some yogurt.  I have a picture of Jenae feeding Aubree some yogurt at this when Aubree was Whitney's age.  I think Aubree feeding Whitney was a little more messy than when Jenae fed Aubree.

Aubree & Whitney were having a lot of with a crib full of babies!  They played in Whitney's crib for almost an hour.












No comments:

Post a Comment